You must first log in before applying to jobs.
A/Director of nursing(Ambulatory)
- Job Description and Requirements
TITLE : Assistant Director of Nursing (Ambulatory Care)
- Accountable and Responsible to: Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for: All Department of Nursing staff who work within the assigned Division.
- Liaises with: All Hospital Departments, patients and visitors.
- To assist the Director of Nursing as assigned.
- To manage all operational aspects of the Division including the financial and human resources elements.
- To provide personal and professional leadership to all staff in the division, influence the delivery of care by providing knowledge, advice and oversight represent the collective view of nurses and ensure the achievement of hospital’s objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- To take a lead responsibility for the Development of Nursing Staff and Nursing Practice by:
- Enabling staff to exercise professional judgement within a framework of accountability.
- Ensuring all nursing staff are competent to undertake their role.
- Facilitating and enabling the continuous personal and professional development of all staff and in particular the empowerment of Head Nurses.
- Supporting and encouraging research-based practice and ensuring that this is used for the benefit of patients.
- Supporting ward staff in the management of risk issues particularly in fully investigating untoward incidents and where appropriate recommending the action which will be taken.
- Ensures a safe working environment and enforces safe working practices for patients.
- Ensures all nursing staff are registered with Saudi Council.
- Conducts monthly divisional meeting.
- Participates in different committees as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Monitoring and reviewing levels of staff, grade and skill mix in line with current practice and patient dependency, recommending appropriate changes to meet service demands.
- Participates fully with the Director of Nursing in the design and implementation of a Hospital-wide and division specific Nursing and Midwifery strategy.
- To provide visible Leadership and Service Quality by:
- Working collaboratively with Head Nurses and others to ensure the provision of a quality cost-effective service which meets the needs of patients and is in accordance with professional standards.
- Establishing and overseeing effective systems of audit to influence clinical and management practice
- Engaging with all levels of staff in an open, positive and approachable manner and with a management style that encourages harmonious relationships and teamwork.
- Ensuring compliance with the standards laid down by the Approved National and International Accreditation Agencies.
- Promotes a multi-disciplinary team spirit in keeping with the Hospital’s Strategic Aims.
- Promoting standards laid down by the Approved National and International Accreditation Agencies.
- Reporting any occurrence not consistent with the operation of the hospital or standard of service of patients, employees or visitors and situations which put patients, staff or visitors at risk for injury or other harm.
- Performing other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Post Registration Clinical Qualification.
- Master Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 12 years progressive post-graduate experience with 4 years recent acute hospital experience as Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Excellent Written and Verbal English Communication Skills.